Pokemon Nearby feature have been rolled out to most regions of the world. Niantic Labs made the feature available in the United States, and large parts of Europe last week.
According to the team, these changes should make the experience “better when searching for Pokemon in the real world.”
Niantic also said it will continue to “review the feedback” submitted through official social media accounts and will make changes if necessary.
Using the new feature:
- To open the Nearby screen, tap the bottom right-hand tab.
- Pokemon nearby are shown with a picture, taken from the local Poke Stop.
- Tap on a Pokemon you want, then tap on the footprints below the location and Pokemon picture.
- The map then zooms to a top-down view, showing the area, near a Poke Stop, that the Pokemon was sighted.
- When returning to your normal Pokemon Go navigation view, that selectedPokemon is indicated with a pink footprints indicator, so you can walk that way and catch it.
JOIN THE DISCUSSION