In The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) character creation plays a huge part in your journey. It is important to pick the right class and character this is to enjoy you Elder Scrolls Online experience.
Step 1 - Race
The first thing you need to do is to choose from the many Races available to you. There are 9 available Races in a standard version, and 10 races in the Imperial Edition.
- â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹ Bretons - Born as a mages, and get bonuses to their magicka, spell resistance and light armor skills.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Orc - Sturdy, powerful warriors, Orcs excel on the front lines and benefits from their health, health regeneration and heavy armor.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Redguard - this race are good with sword, make powerful DPS characters and have traits that boost their sword prowess and stamina regeneration.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Altmer- they are experts on exploding things with magic, the High Elves get traits that increase their magical powers and the rate of magicka regeneration.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Bosmer - The Wood Elves skills reflect the harsh environment they call home, giving them bonuses to stealth, bow skills and stamina.
- â€‹ â€‹Khajiit - This feline race, very fast and agile, getting bonuses to melee combat and stealth.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Argonian - They comes from a harsh climate and their racial traits reflect this, this race have bonuses of healing, disease and poison resistance.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹Dunmer - These race are Dark Elf people call the ashen area of Morrowind home. Their skills reflect this as they have large bonuses in fire damage and fire resistance.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Nord - These are strong warriors hail from the frigid land of Skyrim. Traits increasing their two handed skills, health and frost resistance.
You need to consider the faction align yourself with while selecting a race. In the current game there are three factions. Certain races will start out tied to specific factions and the option to change won't come for quite some time. If you are planning to play together with friend from the beginning, everyone should talk over which faction they want before starting the game.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Ebonheart Pact - Is one of the three factions and formed under a period of duress. The three races that make up this pact may never work together before the alliance was made. The Dunmer, Nord and Argonian people all fight to keep their homelands free from the Empire.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Aldmeri Dominion - This is formed by Altmer to protect the land with the help of the Bosmer and the Khajiits. They are seeking to rule Tamriel under their banner.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Daggerfall Covenant - The primary goal is to retake the Ruby throne and restore order. Formed by the High King Emeric, the Covenant consists of the Bretons, Orcs and Redguard.
Step 2 - Classes
Once you have chose the race now you can pick out a class. If you are not sure with the race you want, you can pick the class first then it will help narrow down the best racial choice.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Dragon Knight - This class offers a mix of DPS and tanking power, a Dragonknight can be played a few different ways. This class are most likely to be in the front lines, using swords or large weapons.
- â€‹ â€‹â€‹â€‹Sorcerer - are potent spell casters and are capable to buff themselves up with lightning from the skies, sling damaging spells at their enemies, or summon in Daedra help from Oblivion.
- â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹ Nightblade - A power DPS class, this class are the Nightblades excel at hurting their enemies, disorienting them and then disappearing. This class can work alone as well as with others thanks to their strong sustain skills.
- â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹ Templar - This class offers a mixture of skills. They can be powerful tanks, offer strong AoE support or heal their allies with restorative magicka.
Step 3 - Customization
In Elder Scrolls Online allows players to mold the look of their character through two separate options.
The first is body type, giving your sliders for your torso size, options to be incredibly muscular or deceptively thin, and allowing you to change your skin color.
The second tab enable players to deal with your characters face. Players can adjust the size of your neck or cheekbone height, hair, eyes, mouth and ears.
JOIN THE DISCUSSION